Carl's Golf Simulator Enclosure Comparison Chart
Key Deciding Factors
|Enclosure kits with impact screen||DIY Kit||PRO Kit|
|Why buy this kit?||Our DIY Golf Enclosure Kit offers you an easy, entry-level way to build a safe place to swing your clubs and takes the guesswork out of designing your enclosure.||Carl's PRO Golf Simulator Enclosure Kit offers a high-end enclosure with top-of-the-line performance. It's available in wider, deeper bays with additional safety features providing you with an all-in-one solution perfect for home or commercial use.|
|Impact Screen 7||Standard, Preferred, or Premium Golf Screen||Premium Golf Screen|
|Ceiling Fabric||Black Nylon||Sprinkler System Compliant Netting|
|Wall Fabric||Black Nylon||Black Knit (Similar to Spandex)|
|Frame Connectors||1-inch Steel Fittings||2-inch Steel Fittings|
|Safety Cushions||Optional Foam Insert Kit 2||(4) Foam Safety Bumper Guards|
|Weight Bag||Discreet Weight Bag Attaches to the Bottom of the Screen||Un-necessary Due to Foam Safety Guards|
|Size Specific Diagram and Assembly Manual||Detailed Instructions||Detailed Instructions|
|Multiple Frame Sizes||DIY Kit||PRO Kit|
|Max Height 1||124.75||125.5-inches (10.5 Ft)|
|Max Width 1||163.33||249.5|
|Max Depth 1||118.25||Varies: If the frame height is 120-inches or less, then the max depth is 249.5-inches. However, if the height is greater than 120-inches then the max depth is 200-inches.|
|Optional (Add-Ons)||DIY Kit||PRO Kit|
|Pipe Framing Kit||1-inch EMT or No Pipe Options 3||Pre-Cut, 2-inch EMT or No Pipe Options 3|
|Electronics Mount||Not Compatible||Uneekor Mount Options 4|
|Projector Mount||Ceiling or Floor Mount 5||Frame Mount, Ceiling, Drop-Mount, or Floor Options 5|
|Vinyl Ceiling Baffles||Not Compatible||Up to 5 Safety Baffles 6|
|Timeline||DIY Kit||PRO Kit|
|Handling Time: Made to Order in Approximately||5 Business Days||10 Business Days|
|Shipping Time: Multiple Delivery Options Are Available After Adding the Item to Your Cart||Selected Delivery Time||Selected Delivery Time|
|Tools||DIY Kit||PRO Kit|
|You Will Need||Ladder Helpful||6mm Hex Bit Socket and Ratchet and 8-Ft Ladder|
|Shop DIY Kits||Shop PRO Kits|
1 Size: Make sure to choose the right enclosure size by measuring your space and checking the frame specifications chart on the enclosure product pages for actual frame dimensions.
2 DIY Kit Foam Inserts: Optional foam inserts for the DIY Golf Enclosure Kit block the ball from hitting the pipe frame; they slip behind the screen flaps and cover the pipes. These inserts are not visible from the front of your enclosure and are sold separately. If you need a lower cost, the immediate solution you can also consider is foam pipe insulation, from your local hardware store, to help reduce ricochet from frame ball strikes.
3 Frame Pipes: Our Golf Enclosure Kits require pipes to assemble the frame. Pipe Framing Kits are an add-on if you don't want to source or cut your own.
- PRO Enclosure: Requires 2-inch, Schedule 40 Aluminum Pipes. Or add the Pipe Framing Kit with pre-cut and marked 2-inch EMT pipe in the exact lengths required for the Pro Golf Simulator Enclosure Kit - no pipe cutting or hauling required!
- International Shipments: If you are shipping this item inside the 48 United States or Canada, we recommend purchasing the 2-inch EMT, since they can be challenging to source locally. However, if you are shipping this product outside this area, consider the "No Pipes" option as freight shipping will be cost-prohibitive.
- Tip: Be sure you have access to 2-inch EMT pipes locally before selecting the "No Pipes" option.
- DIY Enclosure: Requires 1-inch EMT, which can be found at any local hardware store. Or add the Pipe Framing Kit if you'd rather have us include black, powder-coated EMT pipes pre-cut to the exact lengths required - no pipe cutting or hauling required!
4 Pro Kit Electronics Mount: A custom mount for frame mounting Uneekor sensor technology. Learn more about Uneekor mounts, compatibility, and installation here.
5 Projector Mount Options:
- PRO Enclosure: Compatible with Frame Mounted, Ceiling Mounted, Drop-Mounted, or Floor Mounted Projectors. See Projector Accessories for options.
- DIY Enclosure: Compatible with Ceiling Mounted, Drop-Mounted, or Floor Mounted Projectors. See Projector Accessories for options.
6 Pro Kit Safety Baffles: Baffles are a strip of black vinyl that hang from the net ceiling and are meant to catch errant shots. Baffles are an optional extra layer of safety but depending on the height of your enclosure and the placement of your projector may cause shadows on the screen. Your enclosure can have up to five baffles or none at all. Consider adding Safety Baffles if you need to stand closer than 15 feet from the screen.
7 Screen Information:
All our impact screens should withstand several thousands of strikes from even the best golfers and are made for use with real golf balls. Our Standard Material is the best value for home use. Our Preferred Material gives a better image than standard for just a few extra dollars, great for home or light commercial use. Our Premium Material is the top-seller for commercial and home use.
Check out our other golf simulator buying guides: DIY vs. Pro: Which golf enclosure is best for your space? | Top Golf Simulator Questions | $3k Budget Golf Simulator | $5k Budget Golf Simulator | $10k Budget Golf Simulator | $20k Budget Golf Simulator | Best Golf Simulator Enclosure Size | Best Golf Screen Size